Why I chose the SINGER® Simple™ 3337 Mechanical Sewing Machine in Red 🧵 --And why I sent it back!
In this post, I will share why I chose this machine, what machine I am replacing, what I plan to use it for, and, in the video, of course, I cover what comes in the box.
This is a non-sponsored post. But here’s a link to our store, if you’d like to see what we’ve got. We appreciate your purchase. (https://bit.ly/prejippieshop )
Why an unboxing?
If you’re anything like us, you will appreciate seeing someone open the box of an item that you are considering purchasing.
· Let us know what accessories are included
· What items we might want to purchase, additionally
· Also, gives us an idea of the size of an item
· Finally, unboxers often give initial impressions or share ideas about what they plan to do with an item
All of these are beneficial to us, which is why we like to pay this forward for the next potential shopper.
Why this machine?
For about the past year, I have been thinking about upgrading my sewing machine to something computerized or to one that does embroidery, so that I have more options for creativity. However, more recently, I realized that I would be happy with a machine that does pretty much exactly what the one I already has does. –So, THAT was a thing. –AND then, I thought about the fact that super pretty colored machines have gone out of style, which was sad.
Needless to say, my options were to buy a fancier machine—that comes in plain old white—and then have to decorate it with paint or stickers. But then I remembered that just a few years ago, the world was FULL of beautiful colorful machines. I started Googling and, there were this Singer model—in a variety of colors AND on clearance! My decision was made instantly and here’s where I am; unboxing.
What machine am I replacing?
I have had the Janome Harmony 4052 for about a decade and hadn’t really had any problems from it. –Any issues I have ever had have been attributable to me NEVER having learned much formally about sewing and about how to maintain a sewing machine.
And, though I am generally frugal, I am an artist, so when I think I need to inject more joy into my life, I am NOT opposed to spending some money to do it. I decided that it was time to add a little more joy to the sewing that I plan to do, so a purchase of less than $150 DIDN’T seem like too much to ask.
What is it going to be used for?
If you’ve been around here for any length of time, you will know that I am quirky and LOVE wearing unusual clothes. In recent years, I have realized that I find MORE interesting items in resale shops than on ANYBODY’S runway. The problem with thrifted items is that often they need to be sized to fit—and I did not have skills in that area. I have decided to take it upon myself to craft what I REALLY want to wear. What’s more is that I am SO excited about the prospect of learning how to sew well enough to pull it off!
You can see the gallery to see how I did that with my first-ever “Frankenhoodie.” I took parts from three different hoodies to create the one that I wear and love. I want to do more of THAT! THAT’S what I am going to do with this machine.
Also, check the video to see exactly what's inside: https://bit.ly/singerunboxvid
If you are interested in crafts and crafting, you might like these:
1. Craft Haul https://bit.ly/crafthaulvideo
2. Cricut Easy Press 2 Unboxing https://bit.ly/cricuteasypress2vid
3. Cricut Maker Bundle Unboxing https://bit.ly/cricutmakerunboxing
‘Didn’t work out…. 🙄
Okay, so I am returning this pretty little thing and it is for the following reasons:
Task light covered more area on old machine
Foot lifter was sturdier on old machine
Body was a higher quality plastic on old machine
Pedal was more durable--and it was BLACK! 🌹--on old machine
Bobbin winder wound an entire spool (instead of half) on old machine
As I pushed the machine to see faster, the entire body moved--which was nothing like my old machine 🙄
She looked soooooo cute and sweet and nice,...... but she WASN'T!
After a while, I MISSED my old machine. All the new one had was good looks. 🙄 —And if you ANYTHING about me, you KNOW that looks alone won’t cut it, so after about 3 hours of use, I boxed that cute mitherfucker up and set up to return it.
I pulled out the old faithful and continued my upcycling antics. 😬🤷🏽♀️🙌🏾🧵🪡
Here's my old faithful..... Back in action! 💥
What do you think? Do you own one? Are you considering getting one? Do you have any advice? Or do you have questions? We’d love to hear what you have to say. Leave it in the comments below.
More Ways to consume B L O O M I N G P R E J I P P I E :
• All things “Sugar Fit”: https://bit.ly/SugarFitlanding
• Blog: http://bit.ly/bpblogsubscribe
• Shop: https://bit.ly/prejippieshop
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bloomingprejippie
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bloomingprejipp
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bloomingprejippie
• Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/bloomingprejippie
• YouTube: http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
• Gab & Jam podcast: https://bit.ly/gabandjamhq
• Soundcloud (music): https://soundcloud.com/prejippie
• Funky Happy People (Who Listen to a Variety of Genres of Music) Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
• Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin