These Tips will help you Write Quicker, But Better (for the D.I.Y. Rock Star)
Loosely, follows Gab & Jam 228
This post was Inspired by Smart Passive Income 431: Is Writing Still a Viable Content Platform? Medium, Copywriting Tips, and More, with Dr. Benjamin Hardy
There are so many things to get right when you’re writing that it’s important to narrow down a few techniques to keep you buoyant. These are some notes that I gleaned from Smart Passive Income and that we modified to meet the needs of D.I.Y. Rock Stars (or anyone building their own creative empire), who is in need of mastering the skill of writing quickly, but confidently.
Here are the first few tips that were shared in their episode:
Master writing headlines for your posts
Republish your articles to help them get traction
List articles do well–people love them! Add in numbers and you are golden! (“Eight practices before eight a.m., for instance)
Use the words “this” (as in “this” checklist will help you crush your day)
Exude confidence in your headline; you want to dare folks to click; be bold to capture folks’ attention (for an example, “Don't Do This!"
One of the inspiring quotes was:
“A painting is never finished, but it just ends up in interesting places.”
Here are more recommendations from this podcast:
Structure matters; folks read the bullets before they read the subheads.
Giving away the beautiful answers at the front is important, so folks will decide if they want to more deeply read it.
Subheads are essentially headlines in themselves. They need to be useful, compelling, and interesting.
Arrange your content around subsections.
Lots of whitespace is important (it helps break up the ideas, giving them importance, emphasis, and allowing readers to fully take it in before moving forward)
Here are their suggestions for how to get into flow for writing:
Lots of journaling is important (for dumping thoughts)
Write in the morning (where the busyness of the day hasn’t started; try getting up an hour early)
Start with a structure to write around makes it easy to write; write about the 4 ideas you want to write about is better than facing an empty canvas
Headlines are usually pretty explanatory (“Three ways to _______)
Listening to books and taking notes along the ways
Keeping track of things that are interesting; if it sucks you in, it’s easier to write about it.
If you don’t have a goal, then you’re going through the motions, then it helps you frame it.
Wake up early to write, so that you can focus.
Write in fast timelines to get things done.
Push out imperfect work, where you get something done, can give you confidence. –Even if it’s only an hour, you can get something done.
There are so many things you need to get right BEFORE you get to the article that it can sometimes be overwhelming, but you can get better, but we hope these tips—some of which we gleaned from that podcast episode—will help you write quicker, but better.
What about you? What tip works for you?
We’ve love to hear from you! Leave it in the comments below.
Here’s what we’re into now:
· South By Southwest 2022 Travel vlog: https://bit.ly/sxsw2022travelvlog
· South By Southwest 2022 Trip Blog (food, music, observations): https://bit.ly/sxsw2022tripfoodmusicblog
· South By Southwest 2022 Session Takeaways: https://bit.ly/sxsw2022sessionsblog
· Differences between South By Southwest 2022 vs 2019: https://bit.ly/223diffsxsw2022vid
· South By Southwest 2019 Playlist: https://bit.ly/sxsw2019playlist
· Gearfest: http://bit.ly/gearfest2019youtube
More Ways to consume B L O O M I N G P R E J I P P I E :
· All things “Sugar Fit”: https://bit.ly/SugarFitlanding
· Blog: http://bit.ly/bpblogsubscribe
· Shop: https://bit.ly/prejippieshop
· Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bloomingprejippie
· Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bloomingprejipp
· Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bloomingprejippie
· Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/bloomingprejippie
· YouTube: http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
· Gab & Jam podcast: https://bit.ly/gabandjamhq
· Soundcloud (music): https://soundcloud.com/prejippie
· Funky Happy People (Who Listen to a Variety of Genres of Music) Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
· Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin
We’ve got Sugar Fit ringtones! https://bit.ly/buysugarfitringtone