Nature or Nurture: What makes a Musical Genius?
We have a feeling that folks have debated this since before Mozart’s time, but when we find exceptionally gifted music icons, it prompts us mere mortals to ask if they were born that way or were they created? Our intention is to get YOU talking to us by proposing the ideas and letting you share YOUR opinions on this debatable topic.
Here are some ideas to consider when trying to figure this out:
Is the facts that your parents are musicians or that you have aptitude what makes you great? Or is it training—Julliard, sitting under a master, etc.?
Their minds must be primed to undertake the tasks. Michael Jackson and Prince are great examples of having the raw, natural abilities that their parents gave even MORE tools and resources to help develop their abilities.
You have to have access to instruments and with a parent that is creative and during a time that fosters that kind of creativity.
‘Best we can surmise is that nature will give you the seeds, but you need nurture to “grow the garden.”
BUT…… the recipient of all this nature and nurture combination must match the raw ability with fervent desire.
But, more importantly, what do YOU think? Are these songwriters/musicians born geniuses? Or is there something within their environment that pushes them out in that genius stratosphere (so much so that, if they do NOT get this push, they are just not memorable)?
We’d LOVE to know what you think!
Talk to us in the comments below.
You might enjoy:
· Artists who are genres unto themselves: http://bit.ly/gandj65genresunto
· Prince Top 20 Countdown: http://bit.ly/princecountdown
· Isley Brothers Essentials Playlist: https://bit.ly/218isleybroplaylist
Did you know that along with putting together our next album, we are working on our first book?
Here’s the link, if you want to pre-order: https://bit.ly/prejippiebklanding
Here’s what we’re into now:
· Tom Ray’s Art Podcast: https://bit.ly/tomrayspodcast2june2022
· “Sugar Fit” on Darkest Corners of the World Podcast S2 E3 http://bit.ly/sugarfitdarkestpod
· “Flying High” (from “Sugar Fit” album) on Toes in the Sand Playlist http://bit.ly/toesplaylist
· “Sugar Fit” on his Spotify “Indie: Undiscovered But Brilliant: Vol. 3” http://bit.ly/SugarFitonPlaylist2
· “Sugar Fit” on No Sugar Radio http://bit.ly/nosugarradiosugarfit
NOW: Our funk album, “Sugar Fit,” by Bourgeoisie Paper Jam http://bit.ly/BandCampPMG and
follow on Spotify at https://bit.ly/bpjspotfollow
More Ways to experience B L O O M I N G P R E J I P P I E :
· All things “Sugar Fit”: https://bit.ly/SugarFitlanding
· Blog: http://bit.ly/bpblogsubscribe
· Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bloomingprejippie
· Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bloomingprejipp
· Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bloomingprejippie
· Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/bloomingprejippie
· YouTube: http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
· Gab & Jam podcast: https://bit.ly/gabandjamhq
· Soundcloud (music): https://soundcloud.com/prejippie
· Join the Bourgeoisie Paper Jam Street Team! https://bit.ly/BPJstreetteam
· Funky Happy People (Who Listen to a Variety of Genres of Music) Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
· Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin
Please subscribe. Thanks. http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
Until next Monday, here’s wishing love, peace, and chicken grease!