Are you respecting the seasons when it comes to building your creative empire? 🍃
Loosely accompanies Gab & Jam, 311.
Are you respecting the seasons when it comes to building your creative empire?
Knowing when to take on a new challenge and to leave behind some of the things that you USED to do is difficult, but a necessary shift for a D.I.Y. Rock Star.
Check out the episode for the full discussion.
Yes, we think it’s beneficial to “unpack” the rationale behind this topic. In 2016, when we first got started on YouTube and building what we have on social media, we KNEW that there was NO CHOICE but to spend all our time hustling. –It took quite a lot of time and energy to build our website, to brand our social media profiles, and to try to draw people over to subscribe to us on YouTube. –It was EASY to commit to doing whatever needed to be done in order to figure it all out. So, no matter how long it took and no matter who I had to approach to make it happen.
As much of that foundational work was complete, we started doing some other challenging things, like the Blogvember of 2017 and 2018—followed by Blogmas of 2019 through 2022. (https://bit.ly/blogmas2021post ) It was a fun way to build out content, cover more topics that we want to be known for, and to try to draw new people into our world. –So, again, I was READY to do whatever was required—INCLUDING those 90 posts in 30 days of Blogvember 2018! (https://bit.ly/blogvember2019playlist )
How to tell if your song’s a hit? https://bit.ly/233isasongahitblog
Then, we started releasing more music, but trying to push the envelope on the promotion for THAT. This required us to step out of our comfort zone and do things like livestreams and making music videos on a regular basis. –Yes, MORE challenges, but we KNEW that we had been releasing music for decades that very few people in the world knew existed and in order to change that, we HAD to do more publicity, reach to more people, and keep our social media presence up-to-date with new content. But we did it all and have been happy to be able to point to MUCH better results from the increased effort.
Songs that don’t age well: https://bit.ly/301agewellblog
We are saying all this to say that, while we have enjoyed doing the Podmas challenge in previous years, we have decided that we are going to step away from that this year, in order to focus on some NEW goals. But THAT’S been difficult, because we are creatures of habit and to say that we are NOT going to do what have traditionally done felt as though we were letting ourselves—and maybe even others—down. However, we KNOW that when our arms are full, we can’t hold new things, so it’s CLEAR that SOMETHING has to be put down, and right now, it’s Podmas.
If you’ve been around here for any time you will know that we’ve been working on our first book and plan to release it by Black Friday 2023—which is ONLY a few weeks away! THIS means that I need to be able to pour ALL my time and my heart and soul into linking all the parts that need to talk to each other, so that folks can actually get to the book. THAT is the challenging part, but I KNOW it needs to happen in order to consider the book TRULY out into the world.
It's about the funnels, baby…
–To be honest, we are listening to what we think is NEXT for us. –As we have said is that we are looking to nurture our fans more (https://bit.ly/217artistmentorrevealblog ) and to make more offers. We KNOW that the folks that love us are going to be willing to give us money for what they value most. So that’s why we are planning to lean into the idea that those that enjoy us MOST will be give us money for the good good that we offer.
Top 20 Prince Song Countdown: https://bit.ly/princecountdown
Ways to “gain” more time…
So, one of the ways that I am giving myself more time are to:
1. Limit my time on social media by checking in and posting to specific groups on specific days.
2. Add to our empire one layer at a time. –Now is the time for publishing our book, but, as you can see, we spent years doing quite a few other things (as detailed at the start of this post).
3. NOT following “shiny object syndrome,” and instead going where our energy is sending us. –Hence, learning more about email marketing and about funnel making.
4. Knowing when to turn and try the next thing—and to leave something else behind—which has cut Podmas off the list this year.
Here’s how to collaborate better: https://bit.ly/Ep163collaborateblog
Knowing when it is time to hustle and when it is time to move on and when it is time to stop and “consume.” –To be honest, our book helps you figure that out and gives MORE tips on how to manage it all, but here are a few tips to help you get started.
Here are some basic legal documents that D.I.Y. Rock Stars need: https://bit.ly/226legalblog
Here's a little about basic recording studio set-up: https://bit.ly/246basicstudiopost
Here is our experience hiring artist mentors: https://bit.ly/217artistmentorrevealblog
Join our independent artist community Facebook group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin
Why creating a vision board matters: https://bit.ly/rockstarvision
What about you?
What have YOU been inspired to try to help achieve your creative empire-building goals?
We’d love to know.
Leave them in the comments below.
Want to know how to take better band photos? https://bit.ly/betterbandphotos
Which is better; releasing singles or an album? https://bit.ly/294waterfallblog
Self-Care for the D.I.Y. Rock Star: https://bit.ly/7self-care
MPC One+ Unboxing: https://bit.ly/mpconeplusunboxingpost
File Management for the D.I.Y. Rock Star: https://bit.ly/229filemgmtblog
So, will we do it again? HELL, YEAH! 🙌🏾 In fact, our NEXT livestream is scheduled for Friday, December 1, where we will debut for Bourgeoisie Paper Jam’s full album “Obtanium Flow” We will also premiere the music video live and on-air—unless you are a member of our Patreon community. (If you’re in our Patreon, you will see the video one week earlier. Join here.)
Limited edition “Obtanium Flow” designs:
· “Clouds” T-shirt design: https://bit.ly/obtflwtshirt623
· “Retro Flow” T-shirt design: https://bit.ly/flowretroshirtaug23
81+ types of social media posts: https://bit.ly/277socialmediapostsblog
If you need to do social media, here are 10+ social media tips: https://bit.ly/socmediablog
Need Contest Ideas for D.I.Y. Rock Stars? https://bit.ly/contestideasblog
Did you know that along with putting together our next album, we are working on our first book?
Here’s the link, if you want to pre-order: https://bit.ly/prejippiebklanding
Here’s what we’re into now:
· We’re featured in Variety Magazine! https://bit.ly/featuresxsw2023
· The video for “Every Heartbeat” is doing well in Indonesia! https://bit.ly/everyheartbeatvid
· The Tony Webb "Funkalicious" video is going crazy in Honduras, y'all! https://bit.ly/twebbfunkaliciousvid
· One of our videos for our song, “Tell Me What You Want,” is going gangbusters in Vietnam! https://bit.ly/tellmewhatyouwantvid
If you like this, you might enjoy:
· Basic Recording Studio Setup: https://bit.ly/246basicstudiopost
· What to do when real life interrupts your artistic process? https://bit.ly/241reallifeblog
· 7 Strategies for rebounding from creative burnout: https://bit.ly/239digoutofburnoutblog
· How to give better interviews (for D.I.Y. Rock Star): https://bit.ly/236betterinterviewsblog
· How to give better live performances: https://bit.ly/219betterliveblog
· How to collaborate better (for D.I.Y. Rock Star): https://bit.ly/Ep163collaborateblog
· How to write quicker, but better (for D.I.Y. Rock Star): https://bit.ly/228writebetterblogpost
· Should you ever play for free? https://bit.ly/214playfreeblog
· 17 Tips for taking better band photos—ESPECIALLY if you taking them yourself: http://bit.ly/betterbandphotos
New single, "Lovely Mystic (Obtanium Flow),” by Bourgeoisie Paper Jam http://bit.ly/BandCampPMG and
follow on Spotify at https://bit.ly/bpjspotfollow
More Ways to experience B L O O M I N G P R E J I P P I E :
· All things “Obtanium Flow”: https://bit.ly/bpjobtflwlinks
· Blog: http://bit.ly/bpblogsubscribe
· Shop: https://bit.ly/prejippieshop
· Patreon: https://bit.ly/PMGPatreon
· YouTube: http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
· Gab & Jam podcast: https://bit.ly/gabandjamhq
· Soundcloud (music): https://soundcloud.com/prejippie
· Join the Bourgeoisie Paper Jam Street Team! https://bit.ly/BPJstreetteam
· Prejippie Patreon: https://bit.ly/PMGPatreon
· Be the NEXT D.I.Y. Rock Star Handbook Pre-order: https://bit.ly/prejippiebklanding
· Funky Happy People (Who Listen to a Variety of Genres of Music) Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
· Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin
Please subscribe. Thanks. http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
Until next Monday, here’s wishing love, peace, and chicken grease!