3 Reasons why you need an email list (as a D.I.Y. Rock Star)
I THOUGHT we had discussed this, but realized that we did not have any ONE episode that spoke DIRECTLY to this. Plus, we wanted to give you a downloadable list of specific tips, as well as a band email template, if you’re ready to start your email list.
Here's why you need an email list
(as a D.I.Y. Rock Star):
1. To be able to communicate with folks when you want/need to
As we discussed in our recent episode, email open rates are much better than those of social media posts. We all know that only a very small percentage of your followers will see your post. In a recent article, Facebook Reach In 2022: How Many People See Your Posts?, here is the estimate on how many folks will actually see your post: “It is said that most pages reach around 6% of their total fans (even less on some occasions).” That means that for our nearly 4k followers on Facebook, only about 216 will see our posts. However, that number goes down, if after a few minutes, no one interacts with the post, then it shares it even less. That’s why being able to get folks to your website—and, hopefully, to get them to sign up for your email list—you’ll be able to communicate with them directly.
2. Your email list goes with you no matter what happens on social media.
There was a day last year when Facebook and Instagram went down and folks lost their shit! —We heard moans and groans about people who lost money on ads they were running for releases or pre-save posts that never got traction. However, people who had email lists were able to put together an email blast, so that they could get the word out. —THAT’S one reason why having an email list is critical. (Check out OTHER episodes is out that, including Why you should be on more than one social media platform: https://bit.ly/Ep141moresocmedblog .)
3. It allows you to “rally your people”
When you release music, you can easily communicate with folks who have ALREADY raised their hand to say they want to hear more from you, so that they can go support you in the ways that you need and that they feel comfortable. Having folks do Spotify pre-saves, attend your YouTube premieres, join your Facebook live, etc. are all within your ability to ask for from the folks who are interested in the music you’re producing. By having an email list, you can keep in contact with your people for
Why do I need a website (as a D.I.Y. Rock Star)? https://bit.ly/252websiteblog
Did you know that along with putting together our next album, we are working on our first book? Here’s the link, if you want to pre-order: https://bit.ly/prejippiebklanding
Get the free download here: https://bit.ly/254emaillistfreebie
What do YOU think?
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this topic!
Talk to us in the comments below.
Here’s what we’re into now:
· Tom Ray’s Art Podcast: https://bit.ly/tomrayspodcast2june2022
· “Sugar Fit” on Darkest Corners of the World Podcast S2 E3 http://bit.ly/sugarfitdarkestpod
· “Flying High” (from “Sugar Fit” album) on Toes in the Sand Playlist http://bit.ly/toesplaylist
· “Sugar Fit” on his Spotify “Indie: Undiscovered But Brilliant: Vol. 3” http://bit.ly/SugarFitonPlaylist2
· “Sugar Fit” on No Sugar Radio http://bit.ly/nosugarradiosugarfit
If you like this, you might enjoy:
· Basic Recording Studio Setup: https://bit.ly/246basicstudiopost
· What to do when real life interrupts your artistic process? https://bit.ly/241reallifeblog
· 7 Strategies for rebounding from creative burnout: https://bit.ly/239digoutofburnoutblog
· How to give better interviews (for D.I.Y. Rock Star): https://bit.ly/236betterinterviewsblog
· How to give better live performances: https://bit.ly/219betterliveblog
· How to collaborate better (for D.I.Y. Rock Star): https://bit.ly/Ep163collaborateblog
· How to write quicker, but better (for D.I.Y. Rock Star): https://bit.ly/228writebetterblogpost
· Should you ever play for free? https://bit.ly/214playfreeblog
· 17 Tips for taking better band photos—ESPECIALLY if you taking them yourself: http://bit.ly/betterbandphotos
· First Music Video? 10 Best Websites for Free Stock Video Footage: http://bit.ly/freestockvideosprej
· Further Confessions: I Hate Video Editing: http://bit.ly/ihatevideoediting
· “YouTube Frenzy: But the Beauty of this Rabbit Hole” http://bit.ly/youtubefrenzy
· “Tips for Competing with Yourself (for the D.I.Y. Rock Star)” http://bit.ly/Ep94BV2019blog20
· “Tips for Video Making (for the D.I.Y. Rock Star)” http://bit.ly/Ep86BV2019blog12
“Sugar Fit,” funk album by Bourgeoisie Paper Jam http://bit.ly/BandCampPMG
and follow on Spotify at https://bit.ly/bpjspotfollow
More Ways to experience B L O O M I N G P R E J I P P I E :
· All things “Sugar Fit”: https://bit.ly/SugarFitlanding
· Blog: http://bit.ly/bpblogsubscribe
· Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bloomingprejippie
· Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bloomingprejipp
· Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bloomingprejippie
· Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/bloomingprejippie
· YouTube: http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
· Gab & Jam podcast: https://bit.ly/gabandjamhq
· Soundcloud (music): https://soundcloud.com/prejippie
· Join the Bourgeoisie Paper Jam Street Team! https://bit.ly/BPJstreetteam
· Funky Happy People (Who Listen to a Variety of Genres of Music) Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
· Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin
Please subscribe. Thanks. http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
Until next Monday, here’s wishing love, peace, and chicken grease!