Rock Star Rewind: The Creamy Middle…(March 2020)
We are the creamy middle….
Yes, this is a very loose reference to one of our all-time favorite, finding-yourself movies (Fight Club). Let us explain.
Do you know about our Song-a-Week Challenge?
(Here’s our “19 for 2019 Goals”: http://bit.ly/19for2019blog )
When we sat down to write this month’s message, it was more difficult than most. We’re more in the planning stages and not celebrating anything in particular. Ultimately, we decided to go back to the basics. So, this month’s message is more about encouraging you to continue to focus on your vision, as are we. So, we’re just vibing. No epiphanies this week. No massive threshold hit. We’re back to basics.
What are the top 3 things on our minds? 1. Networking at SXSW 2020 2. Breathing new life into our brand 3. Maintaining our content output
Projects and a mission….
Having given much thought to that, we walked away with a few projects and a mission.
1. The first of which is to keep what we’re doing going no matter what, since that is the creamy middle. It took Amy Porterfeld (http://bit.ly/amypodcastprej ) to remind us that people need us to share OUR unique journey in order for them to find their own purpose. Without continuing to stay visible in the areas that we are wanting to work at, we are assured that nothing great will happen for us (and for our tribe). That’s the mission.
2. The second is to be sure to complete these projects that are going to help us make a difference for SXSW. For us, there are the things that are a MUST: Branded T-shirts, logo jacket, pens, etc. And a new funk album, as well as an updated landing page (with an improved synch licensing page section). These are the projects.
—If we don’t get these created and ordered in the next few weeks, we won’t have them for the conference. Not that they will make all the difference in the world, but they can’t hurt. And just having these things will give us a different kind of confirmation than not having them. —Personally, I love the idea of passive advertising, so having other people “discover” us from what we’re wearing is just the easiest! (Did you miss this? http://bit.ly/checkyourbrand )
3. The third and final thing is to remember that, while we want to make the most of each moment, we still need to stop overthinking and just keep pitching. Morning, noon, and night. That’s right. So, dropping a few songs toward sync opportunities is a constant activity, no matter what. Period.
If we stick to that regime and never waver—no matter what—we know it will pay off.
Here's our first ever Music Biz Growth Hacks post.
Hey, as always we appreciating you going on our Fight Club journey and “sliding” with us. We’ve got little time, less patience, and a whole lot of ideas. Let’s see where this bus goes, shall we?
REASONS TO CELEBRATE:
Just conducted our latest social media audit—which I had been putting off for many reasons. We found out that we have grown to just nearly 20k followers on about 8 platforms.
11k downloads on podcast (SoundCloud) http://bit.ly/gabandjam
“4 Ways to Turn Failure into Your Friend” http://bit.ly/Ep108failureblog
If you missed last month’s message, check this out: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarfeb2020
GAB & JAM:
53. “Sweet Pop Treat” poppy guitar riff
54. “Pull Up Pull Up” funky guitar riff
55. “Johnny Be Bad” rock-a-billy riff
56. “Tell Me You Love Me” guitar seed
South By Southwest 2020
New Newsletter (for PMG Records and PMG Cool+Quirky Custom Music) coming soon!
(HERE'S HOW WE PLAN: Weekly Blogging Planning Method)
We appreciate you and we look forward to bringing you even more in 2020!
If you dig what we’ve been doing this past year—and the years before that—please share your love on your favorite social media
and/or send a link to someone that you think might benefit from the wisdom/experience that we share.
We appreciate you and we look forward to bringing you even more to love in this new year, so Happy New Year to you!
Until next we meet, here’s wishing you love, peace, and chicken grease!
More Ways to consume B L O O M I N G P R E J I P P I E :
SoundCloud (Gab & Jam podcast): http://bit.ly/gabandjam
SoundCloud (music): https://soundcloud.com/prejippie
Funky Happy People (Who Listen to a Variety of Genres of Music) Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin